This website collects information on you that allows us:
- keep our newsletter readers informed about club activities (generally your email address, but maybe also your phone number)
- fulfill any orders from our fund-raising projects, in particular, your name, address, and email address as well as what you ordered
- use your information from your membership application to properly add you to our club's roster, including sharing the appropriate information with Kiwanis International and the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan District (generally contact information)
- in the case that you are a member AND you would appreciate receiving a hand-made, beautiful birthday card, we'll need your birth day information
The Gory Details
Greater Wausau Kiwanis, Wisconsin-Upper Michigan District, Kiwanis International
- Contact information, name, address, phone, email, will be shared with Kiwanis International (KI) and subsequently to the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan (WI-UM) District of Kiwanis. This will result in both emails and USPS mail from KI and WI-UM.
Joomla - General
- All requests to a Joomla website start a session which stores the IP address in the session data and creates a session cookie in the user's browser. The IP address is used as a security measure to help protect against potential session hijacking attacks and this information is deleted once the session has expired and its data purged. The session cookie's name is based on a randomly generated hash and therefore does not have a constant identifier. The session cookie is destroyed once the session has expired or the user has exited their browser.
- Joomla's logging system records the IP address of the visitor which led to a message being written to its log files. These log files are used to record various activity on a Joomla site, including information related to core updates, invalid login attempts, unhandled errors, and development information such as the use of deprecated APIs.
- When a network connection is available, a Joomla installation will attempt to communicate with the joomla.org servers for various capabilities, to include:
- Checking for updates for the Joomla application:
- Help screens for core Joomla extensions
- The Install from Web service (opt-in)
- The statistics collection server (opt-in)
Authentication Cookies (Joomla)
- In conjunction with a plugin which supports a "Remember Me" feature, such as the "System - Remember Me" plugin, this plugin creates a cookie on the user's client if a "Remember Me" checkbox is selected when logging into the website. This cookie can be identified with the prefix `joomla_remember_me` and is used to automatically log users into the website when they visit and are not already logged in.
Captcha-Recaptcha (Joomla, BreezingForms)
- The reCAPTCHA plugin integrates with Google's reCAPTCHA system as a spam protection service. As part of this service, the IP address of the user answering the captcha challenge is transmitted to Google.
- In order to process information requests, information about the user must be collected and logged for the purposes of retaining an audit log. The request system is based on an individual's email address which will be used to link the request to an existing site user if able.
This policy will be amended from as needed to include or delete information relevant to maintaining any personal information required by the Kiwanis organization and/or this website. If/when this policy is amended, you will be asked to reconfirm your consent.